Last fall, Selena Gomez suffered a serious setback during her kidney transplant.
Her organ donor and best friend, Francia Raisa [pr: FRAN-see-uh RYE-ee-sah], revealed Selena’s secret. She said, (quote) “Doctors had to take her into emergency surgery to get a vein from her leg and build a new artery to keep my kidney in place. She could have died.”
A critical blood vessel broke apart because her new kidney “flipped.” What should have been a “simple” two-hour surgery, became a marathon six-hour ordeal in the operating room. (W Magazine)
Talk About It:
- Selena has repeatedly said, (quote) "Francia saved my life.” Now it's perfectly clear that was no hyperbole.
- The auto-immune disease Lupus caused Selena’s kidneys to shut down.
- Francia admitted that Selena suffered post-surgery depression.
- At the beginning of this year, Selena entered treatment for anxiety and depression. (People)
- She seems to lean on two people: Francia and Justin Bieber, but she's sorta taking a break from him for the time being.
HEALTH SCARE: Post #kidney transplant, @SelenaGomez suffered complications requiring #emergency surgery – “She could have died” http://bit.ly/2FtMq1B - Tweet