Demi Lovato nearly lost her sobriety at the 2016 MET Gala.
It’s been the one and only time she attended. Demi felt way out of her comfort zone. And, as she told Billboardmagazine (quote) “It was very cliquey. This one celebrity was a complete bitch. I remember being so uncomfortable that I wanted to drink.”
Fans guessed who the culprit could be. There’s a hilarious photo from that night of Nicki Minaj giving side-eye to Demi. But the event was guest-hosted by Taylor Swift… and she invited most of her #squad, which Demi dismissed as fake.
Instead of picking up the bottle, she went straight from the gala to a 12-step meeting in the heart of Manhattan. Demi recalled (quote) “I related more to the homeless people in that meeting than the fake people at the MET Gala — sucking the fashion industry’s D.”
Talk About It:
- Demi’s sobriety date is next week, March 15. It will be six straight years for her.
- Urges to drink may occur when sober people are Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired (H.A.L.T).
- From the sound of it, Demi was likely angry and lonely at the MET Gala.
- Her Tell Me You Love Me Tour with Khalid, offers mental health clinics for ticket holders.
- This year’s MET Gala is guest-hosted by Rihanna.
H.A.L.T: One Celebrity #bitch nearly pushed @DdLovato off the #sober wagon #12Step #ODAAT #CASTcenters http://bit.ly/2IgOk7w - Tweet