Romance without finance ... is no problem at all. According to Match.com’s new Singles in America survey, dating doesn't have to break the bank. While the average date now costs nearly $100, singles are open to downsizing their expectations, too.
The survey found that:
• 84% of singles are up for a casual first date
• 30% are cool with an activity that's completely free
• 29% stick close to home to save on gas
• 26% will choose a home-cooked meal over a restaurant
• 25% don't mind meeting for just coffee or a drink