Misty water-color memories ... of being one year old? Most of us have fond memories of childhood, but how far back do yours go? A lot of us think we can go way, way back -- as far as remembering our very first steps.
According to a recent YouGov survey, most of us say our earliest memories are from being three years old -- but 5% say we remember being one year old, or even younger! 7% of those surveyed say they remember saying their first words. 8% recall taking their first steps.
Those are outliers. But other childhood moments are burned into peoples’ memories, including:
• 38% can remember a special birthday party
• 39% remember a tooth falling out -- and the tooth fairy coming later
• 43% recall a scary visit to a doctor or dentist
• 44% remember their first day of school
• 46% have memories of a special vacation
• 55% remember a childhood pet
What's your earliest childhood memory?