Value may be in the eye of the beholder, but beholders with deep pockets can often run that value up. Mental Floss has a list of the 15 most expensive things ever sold and we’re wondering if you see the value in these five:
1. Most Expensive Manuscript – The Codex Leicester is one of Leonardo da Vinci's notebooks. Bill Gates purchased it for $30 million in 1994.
2. Most Expensive Sports Team – The New York Mets were purchased by Steve Cohen in 2020 for $2.4 billion.
3. Most Expensive Guns – George Washington’s pistols sold for nearly $2 million in 2002.
4. Most Expensive Underwear – Queen Victoria’s underpants sold for $16,000.
5. Most Expensive Comic Book – The first issue of Action Comics introducing Superman sold for $3.2 million.