A lot of people cite having “that feeling” when it comes to their person, and while that’s important, you have to think bigger than that if you’re really going to be in it for the long haul. So, if you’re thinking about walking down the aisle soon or you just feel like doing some evaluating – we’ve got some questions you can ask yourself to see where you and your boo stand.
• Can you compromise? No one should win the fight every time.
• Do they make you feel good about yourself? We do not have time to stand for someone else tearing us down.
• Do they listen to you? It’s OK to forget little things once in a while, but they should be giving you their attention.
• Do you want and value the same things? Core values, people. Talk about this before the wedding.
• Do you have healthy discussions when you disagree? Fighting is inevitable – it’s how you handle it that matters. (Independent)