Whether it’s a long-distance relationship or travel restrictions that are keeping you apart from your sweetie this Valentine’s Day, it can still be a let down. But if you want to do something special together on February 14th, Zoom and FaceTime are here for you. These at-home Valentine’s Day dates will help keep the romance going until you can be reunited in person to celebrate.
- Make paper Valentines- Get crafty together on Zoom with an old-school DIY Valentine date night. Break out the paper doilies, glue sticks and glitter and make cards for each other while enjoying some sweet treats. Bonus points if you actually mail them out.
- Be star (sign)-crossed lovers-Is your love written in the stars? Hire an astrologer or tarot card reader to find out. Set the mood with candles, sage and music as you learn about your astrological compatibility.
- Netflix & phone sex- If you can’t Netflix and chill in person, watch a movie together virtually and if you’re feeling frisky, ditch the movie and go with it.
- Go on a memory scavenger hunt- Make a list of some of your favorite memories together and create a relationship scavenger hunt. Use clues like, “The first one to find a picture of the last time we saw each other gets five points.” And be sure to come up with a fun prize for the winner.
- Take a virtual staycation- If COVID postponed your vacation plans, plan a virtual living room getaway together. Pick a city you’ve always wanted to visit, then spend Valentine’s Day enjoying food, drinks and music from there while pretending you’re far from home.
- Tour a virtual vineyard or do an at-home tasting- Both of you can buy some beer and wines you’d like to sample and do a little beverage tasting from the comfort of the couch. Or do a virtual vineyard, like atKendall-Jacksonor a virtual brewery, like this one fromBrooklyn Brewery.
- Recreate your first date- Was it bad coffee and soggy pastries from the overpriced bakery around the corner? Fantastic Thai food? Take a stroll down memory lane and recreate an early date you both cherish for the ultimate romantic Valentine’s Day.