Happy Hump Day! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: A new study found this is the #1 thing that annoys us while out Christmas shopping? What?
A: People walking slowly
Bonehead Of The Day:
Inflight WiFi is a relatively new luxury and people are already ruining it for all of us. Take the flyer who named his WiFi network "bomb on board." Thanks to the name choice, a flight from Kenya to Turkey with 100 passengers on board had to make an unscheduled stop in Sudan.
Once on the ground, the plane was inspected and it was decided there was no bomb or any other safety threat. After that, the flight made its way to its final destination.
It's unclear if person with a terrible sense of humor was singled out or if charges were filed.
Zippy has gone missing. The town of Deerfield, New Hampshire has been using Zippy as their own, life-size Elf on a Shelf but someone has stolen the mischievous elf.
The Deerfield Rescue Squad took to social media to announce Zippy's disappearance and assured the public this was not a prank. "This is not a joke or a game," the squad explains, "we are very upset about someone choosing to ruin the fun for Deerfield's children."
So far, Zippy is still MIA.
Taco Bell’s Trying Out French Fry Burritos
A month ago, Blink-182 frontman Mark Hoppus tweeted, “Taco Bell is better than Del Taco but Del Taco has french fries so it’s a real Sophie’s Choice of fast food.” And the fast food chain responded with a tweet reading, “That just might change soon, Mark.”
Well it looks like that fries-in-a-burrito dream is coming true soon, because Taco Bell is testing a California Loaded Fries Burrito at locations in Charleston, West Virginia. This creation comes stuffed with fries ground beef, sour cream, and nacho cheese instead of shredded cheese. They’re only $1.99 each, now we just have to patiently wait for the french fry burrito to make its way to Taco Bell menus near us.
Today is St. Nicholas Day
December 6th is St. Nicholas Day! (observed on December 6th in Western Christian countries, December 5th in the Netherlands and December 19th in Eastern Christian countries, as the feast day of Saint Nicholas) Yes, there was a real Christian named Saint Nicholas! He was born in the third century in a village called Patara, which at the time was under Greek rule. He was raised as a devout Christian, and was taught to be generous and donate to the poor. He became the Bishop of Myra, Italy later in life, and was known as a very giving man. Legend has it that Saint Nicholas would take small bags of gold coins and throw them through open windows of poor homes. Children would hang stockings by their chimneys, in hopes that they would catch the bags of gold!
Saint Nicholas passed away on December 6th in 342 AD, and we dedicate this day to celebrating the generosity of a wonderful man. His acts teach us the importance of giving and love. Here’s to you, Saint Nicholas!
- Tom Hulce is 64 (“The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” “Mozart,” “National Lampoon’s Animal House,” “Parenthood,” “Murder in Mississippi”)
- James Naughton is 72 (“Hostages,” “Planet of the Apes,” “The Devil Wears Prada,” “First Kid”) (FAST FACT: In 1997 he won a second Tony Award with his portrayal of lawyer Billy Flynn in the musical, “Chicago”)
- Lindsay Price is 41 (“All My Children,” “Bold & The Beautiful,” “Beverly Hills 90210,” “Lipstick Jungle”) (FAST FACT: She’s been married to celebrity chef/TV personality Curtis Stone since 2013)
- Stefanie Scott is 21 (“A.N.T. Farm,” “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Beethoven’s Big Break”)
- Comedian Kin Shriner (comedian Wil’s twin brother) – 64 (“General Hospital,” “Port Charles”)
- Janine Turner is 55 (“Northern Exposure,” Lifetime’s “Strong Medicine,” “Friday Night Lights”)
- JoBeth Williams is 69 (“Poltergeist,” “Kramer vs. Kramer,” “Stir Crazy”)
- The late Wally Cox (1924-1973) …he would have been 93 (“Mister Peepers,” “Hollywood Squares,” “Underdog”)
- The late Agnes Moorehead (1900-1974) (“Citizen Kane,” “Dark Passage,” “Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte,” “Bewitched”) (FAST FACTS: While she may be best known to modern audiences for her role as Endora on “Bewitched,” her career spanned six decades. During that time, she won earned her one Primetime Emmy Award and two Golden Globe awards in addition to four Academy Award and six Emmy Award nominations.)
- R.E.M.’s Peter Buck is 61
- Walk the Moon’s Kevin Ray is 31
- Emblem3’s Wesley Stromberg is 24
- The late guitar god Randy Rhoads (1956-1982) …he would have been 61
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is 60
- Free agent NFL Quarterback Johnny Manziel is 25
- Comedian Wil Shriner (Kin’s twin brother) is 64
- Comedian Steven Wright is 62
Video Of The Day:
From the creators of Stonehenge; Chicken Tikka Masala. Actually the roots are more complicated than that and Wikipedia explains it better than I can, on account of me not being a historian on this particular subject