Good Morning & Happy Hump Day! Hope your day is humpalicious.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: 25% of people have lost our cell phone in this location. Where?
A: Laundry Basket
Bonehead Of The Day:
Bonehead of the day today goes to a Texas man hoping to sell his home who made a big mistake while posting an image of his home online.
His home in Austin Texas has five bedrooms, and costs $389,500. When it came time for showing one of the four bathrooms, home buyers got an unsettling surprise.
The seller didn't realize he was naked in the photo and was seen standing in the middle of the mirror without pants.
Apparently he didn't notice his reflection before uploading the photo. At least you can't see that poor man's face in the photo.
The photo already made its rounds on the internet before it was removed from the original site it was posted on.
Tornado Rips Through Home, Turns Up Stolen Goods
A tornado in Tennessee this week helped police catch a burglary suspect.
According to the Times News, the EF-1 storm leveled 26-year-old Jarrod L. Christian’s home in Kingsport, Tenn.
A neighbor ran over to help after the winds died down. He didn’t find anyone home, but he did find his own air compressor that was recently stolen.
Police found even more stolen property among the debris.
Christian wasn’t home when the tornado hit because he was already in jail.
He was arrested the day before during a domestic incident.
Restaurant Hires Women To Walk Crabs
In case you missed it, a Beijing restaurant is getting some heat for hiring teenage girls to walk live crabs on a leash outside their restaurant. According to Orange.Co, the promotional stunt was intended to draw attention toward the restaurant’s seafood menu, but, as always, someone's mad. Animal rights activists, who feel pretty crabby about the situation, said the stunt was cruel.
The restaurant’s manager Peng Mai overlooked the negative criticism and said he is happy that everybody now knows their name.
He added that the crabs didn’t suffer long saying, “after they were brought back to the restaurant they had a quick wash, and then went straight in the cooking pot."
Some Cashiers Will Fight Back
You just never know who has martial arts training. Mayura Dissanyake works at Fuel Depot, a gas station in Houston, Texas. According to Click2Houston, earlier this month he saw his coworker getting robbed by two men after returning from the bank and he swung into action.
The clerk ran out into the parking lot and attacked the two robbers. "The first guy I saw, I just kicked him in the face," he said. "Then I punched the other guy." Unfortunately for the two criminals, Dissanyake is a semi-professional MMA fighter. He studied mixed martial arts for a decade and won the national championship for five years in a row in his native Sri Lanka.
Police arrested 33-year-old Odell Mathis on the scene but the other assailant managed to escape. Officers are on the hunt for that guy, but he's definitely hurting. Check out security footage of the clerk in action to the right.
- Simon Baker (“The Mentalist,” “The Devil Wears Prada”) – 45
- April Bowlby (“Drop Dead Diva,” “From Prada to Nada”) – 34
- Delta Burke (“Designing Women”) – 58
- Laurence Fishburne (“The Matrix,” “Mystic River”) – 53
- Vivica A. Fox (“Kill Bill,” “Independence Day”) – 50
- Joey King (“Ramona and Beezus,” “Reign Over Me”) – 15
- Terry Krews (“Everybody Hates Chris”) (FAST FACT: Previously played football for the Rams, Chargers, and Eagles. He is also known for his roles in “Old Spice” commercials) – 46
- Lisa Kudrow (“Friends,” “Analyze This”) – 51
- Jaime Pressly (“My name is Earl,” “I Love You Man”) – 37
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (“The Terminator,” “Predator” “Conan the Barbarian”) (FAST FACT: He was the Governator of California from 2003 to 2011) – 67
- Hilary Swank (FAST FACTS: She won Oscars for her roles in “Boys Don’t Cry” and “Million Dollar Baby”) – 40
- Christine Taylor (“Dodgeball: a True Underdog Story,” “Zoolander”) – 43
- Paul Anka – 73
- Kate Bush – 56
- Buddy Guy – 78
- Neal McCoy – 56
- TV personality Alton Brown (“Good Eats,” “Iron Chef America”) – 52
- Funnyman and TV personality Tom Green – 43
- Director Christopher Nolan (“The Dark Knight” “Inception”) – 44
- Olympic volley-baller Misty May-Treanor (FAST FACT: She’s a three-time gold medalist) – 37
- Olympic soccer star Hope Solo (Goalie who won her second gold medal with the US women's soccer team in 2012. In 2014, she was arrested on domestic violence charges over an altercation with her family) – 33
- The late author Emily Bronte (“Wuthering Heights”) (FAST FACT: She died when she was only 30, not even a year after she published her now famous novel) (1818-1848)
- The late entrepreneur Henry Ford (Founder of Ford Motor Company – he’s credited, among other things, with developing the assembly-line process for mass production.) (1863-1947)
- The late inventor Vladimir Zworykin (often called "The father of Television" for inventing the iconoscope, TV Camera Tube and Electron microscope) (1888 – 1982)
Video Of The Day:
I'm a huge fan of The Hobbit, looking forward to this.