Good Morning! Hey we made it past Monday.. Hopefully it wasn't too rough.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. There's a new list out of movies you should watch with your kids (before they turn 13), and on the list of over 50 films just 1 of them is Rated R. What movie?
A. Stand By Me!
Bonehead Of The Day:
CONCORD , N.H., July 14 (UPI) --A New Hampshire man is facing a number of charges after he allegedly hit a state trooper three times while drunk driving after this weekend's NASCAR race.
Following the Camping World RV Sales 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, Damian Biron was allegedly operating his red pickup truck in an unsafe manner when a trooper attempted to get him to pull over.
"It was a very dangerous situation," Lt. Gregory Ferry told WMUR. "That was spinning tires, causing a smoke show. She attempted to stop that vehicle."
The suspect didn't stop for the officer and instead drove in her direction, causing her to jump out of the way. When trooper Michael Doran tried to stop the truck, its front grill struck him in the chest.
The 21-year-old allegedly hit Doran two more times before speeding away.
Biron was apprehended after he hit another pickup truck about a mile away. He attempted to escape on foot, but didn't make it very far.
"There were some good Samaritans who were able to grab onto him, and then troopers arrived and were able to take him into custody," Ferry said.
The charges levied at Biron include driving under the influence, two counts of felony reckless conduct and three counts of simple assault.
No one, including Doran, was seriously injured during the incident.
34-year-old Lessa Iannone was arrested and charged with shoplifting after stealing two pairs of underwear from a Dollar General store in South Carolina. How'd they catch her? She made her getaway in an ice cream truck. A truck she worked from. A police officer identified the ice cream women because, well, he probably likes ice cream.
Sharks Don't Have A Sense Of Humor
51-year-old Stephen Pellegrine of Quincy, Massachusetts managed to find his way up to the shark tank at the New England Aquarium over the weekend...and jumped in. He's being charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct. While that was certainly a dumb idea, Jake Wark, spokesperson for the District Attorney's office, put it best. "Fortunately the sharks had already been fed,” he pointed out. It's not known if he was drunk or high, but, would you be surprised?
Wrong Time To Take A Selfie
Thanks to new legislation passed this year, police in Pamplona are searching for a man who took a selfie while running with the bulls. The man slowed down near one of the final stretches of the running with the bulls, ignoring the regulation that forbids any sort of recording device during the run. When found, he faces up to a $5-thousand fine. The only way the runner could be dumber is if he went for a kiss face.
Getting Married? Do It At McDonnalds?
Ok, so we can all agree that the cost of weddings has gotten a little out of control lately…but a McDonald’s wedding? Well, if you live in Hong Kong, and want to save a few bucks you can live your dream of getting married next to a greasy fry trap and a wet floor sign.
There are 15 different McDonald's restaurants in Hong Kong that offer this service, and it's not just weddings: they will also host anniversary, engagement, and bridal shower parties. Who the hell wants a McDonald’s wedding? Apparently Hong Kong customers. They were the ones who requested the ridiculous service.
"We started the program because many customers tell us that McDonald's is where they first started dating...McDonald's is where their love stories grew," explained McDonald’s spokesperson, Jessica Lee. "This connection is exactly why they want to hold their wedding parties and even anniversary parties at McDonald's—to relive sweet beginnings and bring their romantic story full circle."
What do your “McNuptials” entail? McDonald's is offering four wedding packages, ranging from the Deluxe (US $1,290) to the Bargain (US $373).
The deluxe version includes a 2-hour venue rental, McDonald-land character gifts for 50 guests, 50 invites, wedding gifts, a pair of McD's balloon wedding rings, bridal bouquet, apple pie cake display, Crystal McDonald's house, decorations, a MC and more.
But, sorry Americans, if you’re wanting to have your 20 piece nugget come with a side of “I do’s” you’ll have to go to Hong Kong to make your deep fried dreams a reality, at least, for now.
- Willie Aames (“Charles in Charge” “Eight is Enough”) – 54
- Lolita Davidovich (“Gods and Monsters” “Raising Cain”) – 53
- Scott Foley ("Felicity" “The Unit”) – 42
- Brian Austin Green ("Beverly Hills, 90210" “Domino”) – 41
- Eddie Griffin ("Malcolm & Eddie" “Undercover Brother”) – 46
- Taylor Kinney (“Chicago Fire” “Trauma”) (FAST FACT: He’s Lady Gaga’s boyfriend) – 33
- Diane Kruger (“Inglorious Basterds” “National Treasure”) – 38
- Brigitte Nielsen (“Rocky IV”) – 51
- Terry O'Quinn (“Lost” “Primal Fear”) – 62
- Lana Parrilla (“Spin City,” “Boomtown,” currently Mayor Regina Mills/The Evil Queen on “Once Upon a Time”) – 37
- Jan-Michael Vincent (“Airwolf”) – 70
- Forest Whitaker (“Platoon” “Phone Booth”) – 53
- Tristan Wilds (“90210” “Half Nelson”) – 25
- The late Alex Karras (“Blazing Saddles,” “Webster”) (FAST FACT: While a beloved actor, his first claim to fame was also a defensive tackle for the Detroit Lions) (1935 – 2012)…he would have been 79
- Marianas Trench drummer Ian Casselman – 31
- John Dolmayan (System of a Down and Scars on Broadway) – 41
- Rapper Jim Jones – 38
- Linda Ronstadt – 68
- Joe Satriani – 58
- My Chemical Romance’s Ray Toro – 37
- The late Ian Kevin Curtis of Joy Division (1956-1980) …he would have been 58
- Model/TV personality Kim Alexis – 54
- Huffington post founder Arianna Huffington (FAST FACT: Campaigned for Governor of California in 2003) – 64
- Comedian Gabriel Iglesias – 38
- Mythbusters host Adam Savage (FAST FACT: As a model designer, his work has appeared in “The Matrix Reloaded” and “Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones”) – 47
- Governor (and former wrestler) Jessie Ventura – 63
- The late Francesca Cabrini (Italian Religious Sister who, in 1900, founded the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart, which gave relief to Italian American immigrants. She was the first American canonized by the Roman Catholic Church.) (1850-1938)
- The late artist Rembrandt (His best-known works include The Night Watch, Bathsheba at Her Bath, and numerous self-portraits) (1606-1669)
Video Of The Day:
Featuring guest appearances from comedians Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho, Eric Stonestreet, Kristen Schaal and Jack Black, the video was shot on location at the historic Palace Theatre in Downtown Los Angeles, the same space that was used as Julianne Moore’s apartment in “The Big Lebowski.” Bascially, Weird Al still rules.