Good Morning.. Happy Tuesday! Here’s what you missed on today’s show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. According to a new study, almost half the people who have signed up for this, have never actually used it! What?
Bonehead Of The Day:
Don't mess with a man and his soda. 36-year-old Nahshon Shelton was charged 22 cents tax on a $1.79 two-liter of Pepsi over the weekend in Chicago and that did not sit well with the man.
According to SunTimes, he allegedly pulled out a .22 caliber submachine gun and refused to pay. This “is my neighborhood, I’m tax exempt!” he would later allegedly tell the cops. “Man, you know what, I’ll keep it real. I had to put them in their place.”
By put them in their place, Shelton meant threaten to kill everyone in the store, even telling someone he's going to "smoke their ass." The whole incident was caught on surveillance and Shelton is currently being held without bail.
Top Celebritiy Tax Write Offs
Bruce Jenner is writing off . . . a sex change.
Justin Bieber is writing off . . . his mug shots.
Oscar Pistorius is writing off . . . a new prison leg.
Kris Jenner is writing off . . . Bruce Jenner.
The Ukraine is writing off . . . Crimea.
Jame Franco is writing off . . . Instagram.
Pope Francis is writing off . . . New hats.
Cee Lo is writing off . . . His dresses
Chris Christie deducted . . . One Lane from the George Washington Bridge.
Food Network deducted . . . Paula Deen.
Gwyneth Paltrow isn’t writing things off . . . she is consciously deducting.
Snacks May Help Avoid Fight With Your Spouse
A quick candy bar may stave off more than hunger. It could prevent major fights between husbands and wives, at least if a new study that used voodoo dolls is right.
That's because low blood sugar can make spouses touchy, researchers propose. In fact, it can make them "hangry," a combination of hungry and angry, said Ohio State University psychology researcher Brad Bushman.
"We need glucose for self-control," said Bushman, lead author of the study, which was released Monday in the “Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.” "Anger is the emotion that most people have difficulty controlling.” The researchers studied 107 married couples for three weeks. Each night, they measured their levels of the blood sugar glucose and asked each participant to stick pins in a voodoo doll representing his or her spouse. That indicated levels of aggression.
The researchers found that the lower the blood sugar levels, the more pins were pushed into the doll.
In fact, people with the lowest scores pushed in twice as many pins as those with the highest blood sugar levels, the researchers said.
The study also found that the spouses were generally not angry at each other. About 70-percent of the time, people didn't put any pins in the doll, said study co-author Richard Pond Jr. at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. The average for the whole study was a bit more than one pin a night per person.
Woman Eats 51 Bananas A Day For New Diet
A self-styled diet guru from Australia claims the key to her thin physique is ingesting massive amounts of fruit, including up to 51 bananas a day. "Freelee the Banana Girl" touts the reputed benefits of her lifestyle on her YouTube channel.
According to the “Daily Mail”:
Having suffered from both anorexia and bulimia in the past, Freelee claims that adopting her low fat, high carbohydrate, raw, vegan diet saw her shed 40 pounds... as well as clearing up her acne, chronic fatigue syndrome, low thyroid function and terrible digestion.
While many nutritionists have written on the benefits of raw, vegan foods, Freelee's diet, which involves consuming approximately 97 percent fruit, is extreme. Some critics have suggested that her diet constitutes an eating disorder.
Although Freelee dismisses detractors, the Daily Beast points out that her diet plan is backed almost entirely by testimonials, and hasn't received endorsement from licensed dietitians or nutritionists.
Are You Turning Into your Mother? Here Are 33 Signs That You Are.
33 Telltale Signs You're Turning Into Your Mother
1. You started shoving crumpled tissues up the sleeve of your shirt, just in case someone may need it.
2. You find yourself scraping minimal amounts of leftovers into old butter containers because you “shouldn’t waste food.”
3. You’re actually KEEPING old butter containers.
4. You started putting loose change under the mat of your car in case of emergencies.
5. You start reminding others to “put on a sweater” before they step outside.
6. You remind your friends “Don’t forget you have to work tomorrow,” when you see them drinking with dinner on Sunday nights.
7. You offer half of what you’re eating to whoever is around.
8. Your tolerance for people doing things to be ironic is basically at ZERO.
9. You make overnight guests take their vitamins in the morning.
10. “When did kids become so fresh?” comes up in conversation more often than not.
11. You’re genuinely pissed off by people who get an invitation to a party and don’t RSVP “yes” or “no”— that’s just rude!
12. You talk about how cold it is all the time.
13. You get very concerned when you see young girls drinking and partying and you hope they get home OK.
14. You don’t recognize anyone on the cover of US Weekly anymore.
15. The “easy listening” station they play at the dentist’s office sounds a lot better than that crap on the other stations.
16. You start having to Google acronyms you see on the internet.
17. There’s so much crap in your purse you could be a contestant on “Let’s Make a Deal.”
18. Or worse yet, you call it your “pocketbook.”
19. You’d rather soak in a bubble bath with a good book than watch any of that reality TV crap.
20. You start scolding other peoples’ children when they’re being rowdy in public.
21. You read Good Housekeeping … and enjoy it.
22. At some point, the words “hussy” and “floozy” became a part of your vocabulary.
23. You watch “Dancing With The Stars.”
24. You start referring to every night out with friends as “Girls Night.”
25. You check that everyone has gone to the bathroom before you leave the house.
26. You always prepare way too much food for every meal, then hand the leftovers out in individual bags like they’re birthday party goodie bags.
27. You’ve become meticulous about making the bed.
28. You explain to others the “right way” to fold a bath towel, and more importantly, fitted sheets.
29. You’ve started using night cream.
30. You notify others that they’ve left their dish/glass/mug on the table or in the sink, rather than in the dishwasher.
31. You prefer to purchase and return items rather than try them on in the store.
32. You start to confuse your siblings’ names and combine them in random combinations.
33. You can’t work, sleep or relax until every room is tidy.
- Danny Pino (“Law & Order: SVU”) – 40
- Seth Rogen (“Knocked Up,” “The 40-Year-Old Virgin”) – 32
- Emma Thompson (“Harry Potter,” “Howard’s End,A Room With A View” Sense & Sensibility,” “Nanny McPhee”) – 55
- Michael Tucci ("Diagnosis Murder") – 67
- Susan Ward (“Sunset Beach,” “Make It Or Break It”) – 38
- Emma Watson ("Harry Potter") – 24
- The late Elizabeth Montgomery (“A Case Of Rape,” “Bewitched”) (1933 – 1995)…she would have been 81
- Roy Clark – 81
- Iyaz – 27
- Linda Perry – 49
- The Dear & Departed’s Dan Smith – 34
- The late Bessie Smith (FAST FACTS: Empress of the Blues who sang in the 1920s and 1930s, releasing award-winning songs like "Empty Bed Blues" and "St. Louis Blues." Considered a major influence on jazz music – as was Miles Davis)(1834 – 1937)
- TV producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason (“Designing Women”) – 67
- Queen of “helpful household hints” Heloise Kruse Evans – 63
- Football champ Jason Seahorn – 43
- The late Leonardo da Vinci (Renaissance artist, inventor, polymath, musician, and architect who painted the “Mona Lisa, “The Last Supper” and drew the iconic Vitruvian Man.) (1452 – 1519)
- The late royal boyfriend Dodi Al Fayed (1955 – 1997)…he would have been 59
She May Be 100, But She Won’t Quit
The world's oldest barmaid is still pulling pints despite nearing her 100th birthday. Dolly Saville has been behind the bar that now bears her name in southern England for the past 74 years, and only recently cut back her schedule from six days a week to three. She reckons she's poured some two million drinks since she started in 1940, and has even served a few famous faces like Pierce Brosnan and Elizabeth Taylor. Dolly tells the "Daily Mail" she never thought she'd be at the bar this long, but says she's loved every minute of it. And despite her family's prodding, she says she has no plans to retire.
Video Of The Day:
Britain’s got talent always has some amazing performances.. This is one of them. Enjoy!