Hello Thursday!! My Friday today! I have a family reunion going on this weekend, looking forward to hanging out with my wife's side this weekend. Should be a party! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Bonehead Of The Day:
You cut the wrong wire: If you're going to try to steal wire, at least know if it's electrified. A Seattle man found out the hard way when he accidentally snipped wire part of a high-voltage power transformer while trying to make off with some copper wire. Firefighters responded to a call of an explosion and took the man away with burns on over 60-percent of his body.
Don't pull the fire alarm: London's City Airport had to be evacuated earlier this week after someone pulled the fire alarm. By somebody, we mean a passenger who was running late for his flight and didn't want to miss it. Staff had to carry out a full evacuation in the middle of the day. Police were called but no arrests were made.
Naked Sunbather Causes Accident
Some women will do anything for a good tan...and some men will do anything to watch. According to HuffingtonPost, a woman in Austria was sun tanning, naked, with her legs dangling out of her window. A driver passing by got distracted and hit the car in front of him.
"I thought I was suffering sunstroke when I saw it," Gregory Shakaki, who snapped a photo of the woman you can see here, said. "I was behind two guys who had a fender bender because the motorists in front took their eyes off the road to glance up at the view," witness Michael Kienast told local media. "The young woman was obviously keen on getting some sun in a place where it doesn't usually shine."
He said he overheard the driver who caused the accident tell the other motorist "sorry, I was distracted." By the time cops came, the sunbather had gone inside and closed her window.
Chinese Billionaire Wants To Take You To Lunch
Consider yourself "destitute"? Then consider yourself lucky! Chinese billionaire Chen Guangbiao wants to take you to lunch and give you $300.
The recycling tycoon took out an ad in "The New York Times" promising to take "1,000 poor and destitute Americans" at the Loeb Boathouse restaurant in Central Park. All in the name of charity, apparently.
"I want to spread the message in the US that there are good philanthropists in China and not all are crazy spenders on luxury goods,” Chen told the "South China Morning Post." "I hope they can spend the money on occupational training and know there are no religious or ethnic boundaries when it comes to charity."
Source: "The New York Times," South China Morning Post"Thought Starters:
- Would I consider myself destitute? No. Would I like lunch and $300? Yes.
- If you were a billionaire, what would you spent your money on? Would you give your money to others?
Match.com Will Match You Up With Your Ex's Doppleganger For $5K
Got $5,000 burning a hole in your pocket and the creepy inability to move on from past relationships? Then, Match.com might be the place for you.
Match.com has partnered with Los Angeles-based matchmaking service Three Day Rule a company that uses facial-recognition technology to find dates for users to help you find the “type” of guy you want to be matched with.
In the next few weeks Match.com members will be able to upgrade to Three Day Rule's premium service, with the steep price tag of $5K. This service asks users to send pictures of exes to determine the look they're attracted to. Now, the reason why you still have pictures of your Ex is probably something you should take up with your therapist.
Talia Goldstein, the founder of Three Day Rule, says her years in matchmaking have proven that people have types. "I always ask my clients to send me photos of their exes,” she explains. “They say that they don't have a type, but when I see the photos, to me they look very similar. The ex's may be different ethnicities, or have different hair color, but their facial structures are the same."
Thanks, but no thanks, Talia. I think I’ll keep my moolah and shop for guys that don’t motivate me to set their things on fire.
- Hugh Dancy (“Savage Grace,” “Hannibal”) (FAST FACTS: He married Claire Danes in 2009 after meeting on the set of “Evening.”) – 39
- Paul Dano (“Little Miss Sunshine,” “12 Years a Slave”) – 30
- Jean Dujardin (“The Artist,” “The Wolf of Wall Street”) – 42
- Ryan Hurst (“Remember the Titans,” “We Were Soldiers”) – 38
- Poppy Montgomery (“Without a Trace,” “Unforgettable”) – 39
- Phylicia Rashad (“The Cosby Show,” “Steel Magnolias”) – 66
- Zoe Saldana (“Drumline,” “Avatar”) – 36
- Mia Sara (“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” “Legend”) – 47
- Robin Tunney (“The Mentalist,” “Empire Records”) – 42
- Aidan Turner (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Clinic”) – 31
- Kathleen Turner (“Body Heat,” “Romancing the Stone” series) – 60
- The late leader of the Three Stooges, Moe Howard (“Men in White,” “Three Little Pigskins”) (1897-1975)
- Paula Abdul – 52
- The Avett Brothers’ Scott Avett – 38
- Rapper Macklemore – 31
- The Verve Pipe’s Brian Vander Ark – 50
- Heart’s Ann Wilson – 64
- Korn’s guitarist Brian Head Welch – 44
- The late bandleader of The Royal Canadians, Guy Lombardo (FAST FACTS: He and his band were known for singing “Auld Lang Syne” on New Year’s Eve. They sold over 100 million albums over the course of his career and he has three stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.) (1902-1977)
- Talk show host and author of “The Obama Diaries”, Lauren Ingraham – 50
- Author Salman Rushdie (“The Satanic Verses,” “Midnight’s Children,” “Fury”) (FAST FACTS: He received death threats from the Iranian government for his controversial works – especially the “Satanic Verses,” which was deemed an affront to Islam.) – 67
- “Good Morning America’s” Lara Spencer – 45
- The late poet John Donne (FAST FACTS: His most famous poems include “The Canonization” and “As The Bell Tolls.”) (1572-1631)
- The late Baseball Hall of Famer Lou Gehrig (FAST FACTS: He was a 7-time All Star, 6-time World Series Champion, 2-time AL MVP and became known as the “Iron Horse” after playing in 2,130 consecutive games.) (1903-1941)
Video Of The Day: