Wooohooo.. Holiday weekend almost here! The Big Parade tonight with the Mardi Gras Festival as well.. Can't wait, see you there! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: 25% of couples have gotten into a fight over this. What is it?
A: Stealing food from their mate's plate
Bonehead Of The Day:
Utah police: woman said meth was a birthday gift - seattlepi.com: Police in Provo, Utah, have arrested a 46-year-old woman accused of attempting to buy methamphetamine from an off-duty police officer and claiming the purchase was a birthday gift for her sister.
A police report shows Heather Rodriguez was arrested Monday evening after she approached the off-duty officer and displayed a glass pipe.
Records say she also told police the pipe was not hers and she was holding it for a friend.
Groom Chased After Thief On Wedding Day
Don't mess with a groom on his wedding day. Jared Lightle renewed his vows last weekend when a man picked the wrong day to do some petty theft.
Associated Press is reporting that after Lightle, a military combat engineer, and his wife Stephanie had finished the ceremony in Galena, Kansas, his mom noticed someone had stolen cards and gifts off the table in the Scottish Rite Temple lobby. Lightle saw a man across the street and yelled "Stop! Thief! Stop" but the man took off...and so did Lightle.
Cops happened to be nearby at a traffic stop and were able to nab Rosario Caruso, the 31-year-old who took the gifts. "I guess we're going to have a very unique wedding story to tell the rest of our lives," Lightle said.
Source: Associated Press
Woman Offers To Be A Proffestional Bridesmaid
Want a stranger to be a part of the most important day of your life? Then Jen Glantz is your gal!
The 26 year old posted an ad on Craigslist offering to be your bridesmaid. Why? Because she was asked to be a bridesmaid twice in one week, and has stood in weddings over five times this year.
Ok, so she’s got a lot of friends. Not sure if that makes her a “professional.” I mean, I’ve cut my own bangs on five different occasions, and every single time was a huge mistake!
The NYC attendant claims she’s a pro at “catching the bouquet and then following that moment up with my best Miss America-like ‘Omg, I can't believe this’ speech.”
“Finding friends once you've graduated college and entered the real world is quite the daunting task,” says Glantz. “This is just one of those very, very out-of-the-box ways of connecting with someone new.” Out-of-the box? How about out of your mind?
How else can this person you’ve never met help you on your special day? By “Holding up the 18 layers of your dress so that you can pee with ease on your wedding day” and “responding in a timely manner to pre-wedding email chains created by other bridesmaids and the Maid of Honor.”
Ya know, ‘cause everyone wants a stranger from Craigslist seeing their va-jay-jay before they walk down the aisle. Thanks, but no thanks.
Source: Daily News
- Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibler on “Full House”) – 38
- Betty Buckley (“Carrie,” “Tender Mercies”) – 67
- Tom Cruise (“Rain Man,” “Born on the Fourth of July”) – 52
- Tommy Flanagan (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Gladiator”) – 49
- Thomas Gibson (“Dharma & Greg,” “Criminal Minds”) – 52
- Audra MacDonald (“Private Practice”) – 44
- Olivia Munn (“Magic Mike,” “The Newsroom”) – 34
- Connie Nielsen (“The Devil’s Advocate,” “Gladiator”) – 49
- Kurtwood Smith (“That 70’s Show,” “Medium”) – 71
- Shawnee Smith (“Saw,” “Anger Management”) – 44
- The late George Sanders (“The Jungle Book,” “All About Eve”) (1906-1972)
- Sarah Buxton – 34
- Erasure’s Vince Clarke – 54
- The Babys’ Mike Corby – 59
- Barenaked Ladies’ Kevin Hearn – 45
- Johnny Lee – 68
- Boyzone’s Shane Lynch – 38
- Memphis May Fire’s Matty Mullins – 26
- Ratt’s Stephen Pearcy – 58
- Aaron Tippin – 56
- “Feminist” lawyer and radio show host Gloria Allred – 73
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange – 43
- Author Dave Barry (“Homes and Other Black Holes,” received a Pulitzer Prize for his syndicated Miami Herald humor column) – 67
- TV personality and foodie Sandra Lee – 48
- Former MLB left fielder Juan Rivera (FAST FACTS: He began his career with the New York Yankees in 2001 and played for the Los Angeles Angels from 2005-2010.) – 36
- Voice actor Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson on “The Simpsons”) – 50
- Emmy-winning talk show host Montel Williams – 58
- The late composer George M. Cohan (“Yankee Doodle Dandy,” “Little Johnny Jones”) (1878-1942)
- The late wife of 2004 Vice Presidential Candidate John Edwards, Elizabeth Edwards (FAST FACTS: She had to deal with cancer and her husband’s infidelity in the final years of her life, but stood by her husband when it was revealed that he fathered another woman’s child.) (1949-2010) …she would have been 65.
- The late film director Ken Russell (“The Devils,” “Women in Love”) (1927-2011) …he would have been 87.
Video of The Day:
Comedian Owen Weber does a spot-on impression of EVERY Maid of Honor speech ever given.