Good Morning! Here we are Monday… Let’s make it a quick one J. Here’s what you missed on today’s show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q: The avg. 35 year old woman owns at least 3 of these, and really can’t use any of them.
A: Bridesmaid dresses
Bonehead Of The Day:
According to a federal complaint, a father, mother and daughter from a posh Chicago suburb stole $7 million in merchandise during a decade long shoplifting spree - traveling to stores nationwide and targeting dolls, toys, cosmetics and other valuables. The three were arrested at their $1.3 million Northbrook home after returning from a three-day trip through Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana, where authorities say they shoplifted from stores.
Your mother was right: You’ll never get a proper night’s rest dozing in front of the TV or falling asleep with a light on. A recent study has revealed that even low light interferes with ‘good sleep’ by inducing less deep sleep. In experiments, South Korean researchers monitored subjects over 2 nights, the first when no artificial light was allowed in the room; the second when a fluorescent lamp was left on near the subjects’ heads. With the light on, sleepers spent far more time in stage 1 sleep and less time in stage 3 and 4 sleep. (The problem with total darkness is nightly stubbed toes whenever nature calls.)
Crazy Public Appearance Fees
• Mariah Carey once earned a cool million for singing just 4 songs at a bash.
• Christina Aguilera reportedly got $1 million for an hour-long performance at a private Halloween party in San Diego CA. That’s roughly $16,666 per minute!
• Dream on if you think you can hire Aerosmith for less than $1.5-to-2 million, according to Celebrity Talent International.
• Elton John’s reported minimum fee of $1.5-to-$2 million will certainly buy him a lot of funky glasses.
• Is Jay Z your holy grail of party hosts? CTI says his minimum fee hovers between $1-to-$1.5 million. That’s how much he got for a New Year’s bash at the Cosmopolitan Resort in Vegas.
• And his wife Beyoncé once charged $2 million to perform at a private New Year’s Eve party, according to reports.
(And in case you’re wondering, we’ll show up at any event in exchange for a free buffet.)
Forget the dry stuff: Pampered pooches are increasingly enjoying gourmet meals prepared by – and shared with – their owners. There’s even a cookbook for it, called “Dog-Gone Good Cuisine” by Gayle Pruitt. It’s packed with recipes like ‘Salmon Florentine’ and ‘Tomato-Carrot Soup’. Pruitt began making meals that humans and dogs could eat together after rescuing 2 extremely malnourished pups a few years ago. She researched canine nutrition, and found that with a few exceptions, dogs can eat many of the same types of food as humans. Pruitt says her strays did so well on the new diet, they became really healthy and beautiful. (Seems man’s best friend has now also become his dinner date.)
– “New York Daily News”
Strange Food Etiquette
• When in China, you should burp at the dinner table if you enjoyed the food
• When in France, the bread is typically placed directly on the table rather than on a plate.
• When in Italy, you should never ask for extra cheese on something unless it’s offered.
• When in Korea, drinks from elders should be accepted with both hands.
• When in Japan, finishing everything on your plate signals the meal was good and you are finished.
• When in Portugal, don’t ask for salt & pepper if they aren’t on the table. It will offend the chef.
• When in England, bananas should be eaten with a fork and knife.
From The BS Poll Vault
A statistical look at who we are and the things we do …
• 65% of us order the same thing whenever we go out to eat.
• 50% of men say they are unhappy with their bodies.
• 29% of women would refuse to kiss a man who is flat broke.
• 25% of us hide our valuables before hosting a party.
• 22% of us have surreptitiously taken a photo of a total stranger.
• 5% of men have never done laundry … ever.
Singer Dean Torrence of Jan and Dean is 74.
Actor Chuck Norris is 74.
Actress Katharine Houghton is 69.
Guitarist Tom Scholz of Boston is 67.
Singer-guitarist Gary Louris of The Jayhawks is 59.
Actress Shannon Tweed is 57.
Actress Sharon Stone is 56.
Magician Lance Burton is 54.
Actress Jasmine Guy is 52.
Bassist Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam is 51.
Actor Jon Hamm is 43.
Country singer Daryle Singletary is 43.
Rapper-producer Timbaland is 42.
Guitarist Jerry Horton of Papa Roach is 39.
Singer Robin Thicke is 37.
Singer Carrie Underwood is 31.
Singer Emeli Sande is 27
Video Of The Day:
This video is great, it’s a guy, trying to pick up chicks, with a puppy.. Of course it works! Enjoy!