Good Morning! How was your weekend? Did you do Biker Nights? I was at a family reunion, it was great to meet some new people and get to know my wife's side a little better.. Good weekend! Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. Despite a significant price hike, sales of this food item actually grew over the last year. What food?
Bonehead Of The Day:
The Mexican drug cartel have a history and reputation of being dangerous criminal masterminds. Not this time. A man tried to drive a shipment of watermelons over the border in Arizona...but it turns out the green stuff wasn't actually fruit. Instead, an estimated million dollars worth of weed was discovered inside the not so artistically painted watermelons. The cartel should hire a much better painter if this is the new route they're taking.
Little Boy Fakes Kidnapping To Avoid The Dentist.. Can you Blame Him? LOL
One boy in France truly hates the dentist. The 12-year-old was spotted by police hiding in the Alpine village of St Gervais. When questioned by police, he told them he'd been kidnapped from the nearby town of Bagnols.
According to "The Local," the tween was a great help to police, giving officers a detailed description of the man who kidnapped him and the car he was driving, down to a vertical scar on his cheek and what he was wearing. He said he was on his way to a dentist appointment when the supposed kidnapper stopped to ask for directions and eventually convinced the boy to get in his car. Police quickly drew up a composite sketch and got to investigating.
It wasn't until cops had been investigating the story for about a month that they realized there was something wrong about the boy's story. After some further questioning, the 12-year-old admitted he made up the story to get out of going to the dentist appointment.
Source: "The Local"
Dancing Like A Park Ranger Gets You Fired!
A park ranger in Tennessee is out of a job because he apparently brought his dancing shoes to work. Deryl Nelson tells WRCB-TV he was fired by his supervisors at Coolidge Park in Chattanooga after a visitor recorded a video of him dancing on the job and posted it online.
According to News Channel 9, the woman who filmed the clip claimed Nelson was "grabbing areas" you would see in an R-rated movie. But Nelson claims he was only having a little "clean fun" and wasn't doing any "bumping and grinding." Nelson was nevertheless terminated for "conduct unbecoming of a public employee," but he says he plans to keep dancing because "it's all about enjoying what you do."
Source: Chattanooga Tennessee’s NewsChannel 9
Texas Daycare Accused Of Duct Taping Kids To Sleeping Mats
Sure your kids annoy you so much that you fantasize about using duct tape to keep them corralled, but how would you feel about hearing that their daycare center was duct taping them to their sleeping mats during naptime?
That’s exactly what happened Lorrie Almquist’s son at Heart2Heart Montessori Academy in Texas.
Several pictures of a boy who was taped to his sleeping mat at the facility had been making the rounds to moms in the community. As it turns out, the shots were taken by an employee who quit shortly after the incident. Hmm…I wonder why she quit. No, not really!
Even though the pics that Almquist saw weren’t of her son, she did receive a call from the day care’s owner saying that her son had also been taped down.
Ready for the freak factor? Almquist said the center owner, Pam Decker, had been complaining about her son’s nap habits and suggested she “send in a weighted blanket.”
Almquist and another parent had the sense to report the incident to authorities and now Texas Department of Family and Protective Services’ Child Licensing Division has launched an investigation.
But get this - in an email to parents, Heart2Heart’s director, Ashlea Pena, defending the action saying the children were not harmed and described Decker’s actions as “thoughtless” and “foolish;” and even suggested the kids liked it.
But I think we can all agree that kid’s face was probably Scotch taped to look like it was smiling? Amiright?
Source: ABC News
- Selma Blair (“Cruel Intentions,” “Legally Blonde,” “Dark Horse,” “Columbus Circle”) – 42
- Bryan Brown (“The Thorn Birds,” “FX,” “Along Came Polly”) – 67
- Joel Edgerton (“Animal Kingdom,” “The Odd Life of Timothy Green,” “Star Wars Episode II and II,” “Kinky Boots,” “The Thing”) – 40
- Francis McDormand (“Fargo,” “Almost Famous,” “Burn After Reading”) – 57
- Melissa Rauch (“The Big Bang Theory”) – 34
- Ted Shackelford 57
- Billy Wirth (“The Lost Boys,” “Body Snatchers,” “MacArthur Park”) – 52
- Memphis Bleek – 36
- Glenn Danzig – 59
- April Wine’s Myles Goodwin – 66
- Pake McEntire (Reba’s singing brother) 50
- Jason Mraz – 37
- Sonic Youth’s Steve Shelley – 52
- KT Tunstall – 40
- The late June Carter Cash (1929 – 2003)…she would have been
- The late Stuart Sutcliffe (FAST FACTS: The Beatles' first bassist, Sutcliffe was credited, along with John Lennon, with creating the band's name.) (1940 – 1962)…he would have been
- Reality star Randy Jackson – 58
- Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas (Second African-American to serve on the Supreme Court. He was a firm believer in the constructionist view of the U.S. Constitution) – 66
- Producer Joss Whedon (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Firefly,” “X-Men”) – 50
- The late producer/choreographer Bob Fosse (“The Pajama Game,” “Damn Yankees,” “Cabaret”) (1927 – 1987)…he would have been
- The late sexologist Alfred C. Kinsey (World-renowned sex researcher who founded the Institute for Sex Research at Indiana University in 1947 and compiled statistical research on his subjects' intimate behavior. His books, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male and Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, are considered precursors to the sexual revolution that occurred over a decade later and he is the subject of the 2004 film Kinsey, where he is played by Liam Neeson.) (1894 – 1956)
Video Of The Day: