How was your 4th of July weekend? Hope it was great.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster
Q: 91% of those surveyed said that THIS is as important as their car - some say it's even MORE important than deodorant and a toothbrush
A: Cell phone
Bonehead Of The Day:
John Fletcher gets a bang out of firecrackers — especially those he wraps around himself.
The 51-year-old Michigan performer's act includes setting off 10,500 firecrackers attached to his body, The Detroit News reported.
"I guess I'm a little nuts," said Fletcher, who goes by the name Ghengis John the Human Firecracker. "
He performed last weekend before 300 people and four firefighters at a motorcycle rally in the western Michigan town of Coopersville. It was one in a string of shows that Fletcher said would be his last.
Oldest American Turned 116!
We had two big birthday's on July 4th, the United States turned 238 and Gertrude Weaver turned 116. The Arkansas woman is officially the oldest living American, according to SFGate.com, and the second oldest person in the world.
Weaver celebrated her birthday on July 4th, which she's done every year, despite not having a birth certificate. In order to track her age, the Gerontology Research Group analyzed U.S. Census records to determine how old she actually is. She just missed the top spot, Misao Okawa of Japan is only a few months older than her.
She was born in 1898 and was married at 17, and had four children with her husband, all of whom have died except for one son who's 93-years-old. So what does she credit for her long life? "Trusting in the Lord, hard work and loving everybody."
- Billy Campbell (“The Rocketeer” “Dracula” "Once and Again") – 55
- Shelley Duvall (“The Shining” “Annie Hall”)– 65
- Jorja Fox (“Momento,” "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”) – 46
- Claire Holt (“H2O: Just Add Water” “The Vampire Diaries”) – 26
- Allen Payne (“Tyler’s Parry’s House of Payne” “The Perfect Storm”)– 46
- Joe Spano (“Hill Street Blues” “Apollo 13” “Primal Fear”) – 68
- Cree Summer ("A Different World," “Inspector Gadget”) – 45
- The late Vince Edwards ("Ben Casey" “The Killing”) (1928-1996)…he would have been 86
- The late Jon Pertwee (“Doctor Who”) (1919-1996) …he would have been 95
- Swedish DJ Alesso – 23
- Fifth Harmony’s Ally Brooks – 21
- Cassidy – 32
- Artic Monkey’s Jamie Cook – 29
- Avenged Sevenfold’s Synyster Gates - 33
- Five Seconds of Summer’s Ashton Irwin – 20
- Ringo Starr – 74
- The late Charlie Louvin of the Louvin Brothers (1927-2011)…he would have been 87
- Designer Pierre Cardin (known for his avante garde style, introduced the bubble dress in 1954) – 92
- Web video star Matthew Espinosa (Became famous making videos with the app Vine)– 17
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan – 48
- ‘80s scandal queen Jessica Hahn (former mistress of defrocked “PTL” leader Jim Bakker) – 55
- Olympic medalist figure skater Michelle Kwan (FAST FACT: She is a two-time Olympic medalist, a five-time World champion) – 34
- The late baseball legend Satchel Paige (He was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1971, the first player to be inducted based upon his play in the Negro leagues) (1906-1982)
- The late movie director George Cukor (“My Fair Lady” “The Philadelphia Story”) (1899-1983)
Video Of The Day:
“Salsa Tequila,” by Norwegian comedian Anders Nilsen, is a bonafide summer hit, at least in the Netherlands where it shot up to #1 on iTunes