Well here we are, the first full week of work.. Everybody together.. UGH.. To make it worse it's butt cold out today lol.. Stay warm, i'd suggest calling in sick if you can today.. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. The average woman will do this 15 times in her life. What?
A. Have 15 First Kiss's!
Bonehead Of The Day:
A 28-year-old man in Iowa was so drunk a breathalyzer wasn't even able to calculate his blood alcohol level.
Cops were called after the guy drove off the road. Cops ended up finding the man at his house talking to imaginary people. He wasn't able to stand without holding himself up and smelled strongly of alcohol.
The man told the cops he had two Bud Lights but failed every field sobriety test possible. The first breathalyzer test he took read, "HI" and the last one he took had a reading of .467.
He was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
Seasonal Flu Widespread In The US
The flu is widespread throughout the US.
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the flu is spreading quickly this season with 25 states already reporting cases. And they say there's been an uptick in cases in the past few weeks.
This season's virus has killed six children in the US and data isn't kept for adults when it comes to deaths.
~~TV host, Julie Chen (Big Brother, The Talk) is 43
~~Actor-comedian Rowan Atkinson ("Mr. Bean") is 58.
~~Director John Singleton is 45. (Boyz n the Hood, Poetic Justice; Higher Learning, 2 Fast 2 Furious , Four Brothers)
~~Supermodel, Irina Shayk is 27
~~Model/former volleyball player, Gabrielle Reece is 43
~~Reality 'star', Tiffany Pollard (I Love New York) is 31 (Flavor of Love)
~~Actor Danny Pintauro ("Who's the Boss") is 37.
~~Actor, Scott Bryce is 55 (Murphy Brown's Will Forrest, Popular)
~~Actor, Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead) is 44
~~Producer, Trudie Styler (Sting's wife) is 59
~~Comedian Kate McKinnon is 30
~~Football coaching legend, Lou Holtz is 76
~~NLF Commentator, Howie Long is 53
~~NBA star, Gilbert Arenas is 31
~~Golfer, Nancy Lopez is 56
~~Singer/guitarist, Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys) is 27
~~Guitarist Malcolm Young (of AC/DC) is 60
~~Singer Kim Wilson (of the Fabulous Thunderbirds) is 62.
~~Singer Eric Williams (of BLACKstreet) is 53
~~Singer Kathy Sledge (of Sister Sledge) is 54.
~~Rapper, Mike Jones is 32
~~Country singer Jett Williams is 60
~~Accordionist Joey, the CowPolka King (of Riders in the Sky) is 64
~~Musician, Mark O'Toole (Frankie Goes to Hollywood) is 49
What Was Big At The Box Office
"Frozen" is the number one movie in the US again.
The Disney movie took in $20.7 million over the weekend to move up from second to first at the box office. Since its release on November 22nd, "Frozen" has grossed nearly $297.8 million in the US.
"Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones" opened in second with $18.2 million and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" fell from first to third with $16.3 million.
Top 10 Movie
1. Frozen: $20.7 million
2. Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones: $18.2 million
3. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: $16.3 million
4.The Wolf of Wall Street: $13.4 million
5. American Hustle: $13.2 million
6. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: $11.1 million
7. Saving Mr. Banks: $9.1 million
8. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty: $8.2 million
9. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: $7.4 million
10. Grudge Match: $5.4 million
Wanna Feel Old.. 36 Albums That Turn 20 in 2014
The Notorious B.I.G., Ready to Die
Nine Inch Nails, The Downward Spiral
The Lion King Soundtrack
Green Day, Dookie
Ace of Base, The Sign
Boyz II Men, II
Beastie Boys, Ill Communication
Dave Matthews Band, Under the Table and Dreaming
Oasis, Definitely Maybe
Aaliyah, Age Ain't Nothing But A Number
Beck, Mellow Gold
Mary J. Blige, My Life
Hole, Live Through This
Jeff Buckley, Grace
Da Brat, Funkdafied
Reality Bites Soundtrack
Pearl Jam, Vitalogy
Mariah Carey, Merry Christmas
Live, Throwing Copper
Coming To An Eyeball Near You.. Tiny "Screens"
New TV screens have been developed that sit in a contact lens directly on your eye.
Little projection screens in the lens displays information to the wearer - like driving directions, video calls - and television programming. After putting on the Optik contacts wearers have to put on a special type of sunglasses in order for the projections to be seen.
The possibilities for the lenses are endless - from gaming to connection to your smartphone, smart driving technology to watching TV and movies.
Think Google Glass - but right on your eye.
The Cure For Stage Fright.. Get Excited.
If you ever experience performance anxiety or stage fright, getting excited could help more than trying to calm down.
Researchers found that getting excited before stressful activities like taking a math test or speaking in front of a crowd forces people to think about the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives of the situation. This strategy seems to be a better way to manage anxiety and improve performance.
When people feel anxious and try to calm down, they are thinking about all the things that could go badly. When they are excited, they are thinking about how things could go well. The way we talk about our feelings has a strong influence on how we actually feel.
The researchers think it might be easier for people to look at anxiety as excitement since it's a state of high arousal.
The Selfie Olympics
The "Selfie Olympics" features teens competing with each other to get the craziest pose in a selfie.
A Facebook page created for the contest over the weekend already has 30,000 likes and there are already over 28,000 "Selfie Olympics" pictures on Instagram.
The selfies include anything from a girl riskily hanging by the door from her shirt, to an older man with six-pack abs taking a photo without his shirt.
The new trend seems to be even more dangerous than the "Planking" craze in 2011 and "Vadering" craze last year.
How To Get Rid Of The Relationship Blahs
According to a poll, 86 percent of adults 18 to 29, both single and married, expect marriage to last a lifetime.
Now, the bad news: Research also shows that it might be biologically impossible to sustain passion for a single partner over time.
But relationship experts have found that biology doesn't mean destiny. With a little effort, a couple can snap out of a temporary funk and rekindle their romance.
Here are some ways to improve your love for your significant other:
1. Write It Out--Write down all the reasons you're together, love-sonnet-style, and you might find that those forgotten fond feelings will return. Reminding yourself why you love your partner is a great technique for pulling yourself out of a rut. When you and your partner are going through a rough patch, it's easy to jump to the conclusion that your relationship is doomed. That's why taking inventory of the relationship can help ignite the love all over again.
2. Say Something Nice--Pay the love forward by paying compliments to your partner, even when you don't really feel it. Research supports this fake-it-'til-you-make-it approach. A study on the role of compliments in romantic relationships found that people felt more satisfied in partnerships when the significant other flattered them. Basically, niceness breeds niceness. It's called the reciprocity effect; people will be nicer to those who are nicer to them.
3. Try Something New Together—Trying something adventurous together when the relationship starts to feel stale does wonders. Couples should make it a point to do interesting and exciting things together after the newness wears off. These activities simulate those early feelings you felt when you were first getting to know each other. But use this every now and then. Planning an over-the-top escapade can backfire. Couples who try too hard to craft a romantic date might expect things to be perfect. If the date night wasn't ideal the couple may interpret this as a sign that the relationship is in trouble.
Video Of The Day:
How would you like to talk to your dog? It could be coming..