Here we are on a Monday.. Who else wants a redo and go back to bed.. This guy right here does! Oh well, here we go up and at em.. Hope you have a great day.. Here's what you missed on the show today.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. 40 years ago most people knew how to do this, now only about 20% of people know how to do it... What is it?
A. Drive a stick-shift
Bonehead Of The Day:
Most of us have had that one neighbor who is perpetually grumpy. Doug Wilkey brings that to a whole new level. The Dunedin, Florida man has written to City Hall four time in the two years and asked local government to intervene in a matter that's ruining his quality of life...a 12-year-old's lemonade stand. T.J. Guerrero has been running the stand that apparently is an "'illegal business' that causes excessive traffic, noise, trash, illegal parking and other problems that reduce his property values." Maybe Wilkey is more of an iced tea person. For the record, City Hall says they are "Not in the business" of regulating lemonade stands. Source: TampaBay.com
Lightsabers Are Never Suspicious
A resident in the Mendenhall Valley neighborhood of Juneau, Alaska must have a serious fear of Darth Vadar. He or she noticed an unidentified object on the side of the road and reported it to police as a "suspicious device." The first cop who was dispatched didn't know what it was so they called in a specialist from the Explosive Ordinance Disposal to deal with it. It was a lightsaber. A toy lightsaber. I bet the explosives expert was pretty relieved. Source: JuneauEmpire
Cobra's Severed Head Kills Chef
A Chinese chef was cooking a dish that involved cobra flesh, and it turned deadly. Peng Fan severed the head of the snake and set it aside while he chopped up the body.
According to the "Mirror," Fan went to throw the head out 20 minutes later and it bit him, injecting him with venom. Diners heard a commotion in the kitchen, which understandably ruined their meal. “Suddenly there was a lot of commotion,” one woman said. “We did not know what was happening . . . After we heard that, we did not continue with our meal.”
As one expert explained to the paper, all reptiles can live for up to an hour with only a head.
Grandma Tackles Robber
Becky Powell is the definition of girl power. The 40-year-old was driving with her husband and teenage son when she noticed a man fleeing the cops and ended up saving the day.
According to the "Tri-City Herald," once she saw a sizable gap between the man, 20-year-old Joseph Lewis Fry, and the cops, she told her husband to speed up and get in front of him. That's when she jumped out of the car. "I got into a football stance and said, 'You're going to stay here,' " Powell said. "He stiff-armed me and I just wrapped him up and threw him on the ground." Another man helped her pin down Fry until the cop came.
She understood the hilarity in the situation. "I whispered in his ear, 'How does it feel to be taken down by a mother of five and a grandmother of three?,' " she asked Fry and she had him pinned down.
Source: "Tri-City Herald"
Beach In France Bans Selfies.. OH NO!
Wanna snap a selfie? If you’re in France – make sure you’re on the right beach...or at least not the wrong one. La Garoupein in the south of France has created official no-selfie zones. The areas are intended to stop vacationers from posting obnoxious pictures of their designer bikinis, their beachfront cocktails and those dreaded “hot dog legs”. You know…when you take a pic with your legs in the forefront and they look like hot dogs? You do it, don’t you? Ugh. Stop it!
On the French beach, “selfies” are also called "braggies," for the boastful manner in which they're often posted. A phone company sponsor has set up signs to mark specific "No Braggies Zones" on the beach. That’s so great! Need to go to La Garoupein now! Please God, tell me they have “Fedora Free Zones” too…that would be heaven on earth!
And, they’re serious too. The "Holiday Spam Police" will troll the zones in search of perpetrators, ready to shame anyone caught in the act of being the worst.
But in an ironic, Meta-twist, vacationers are encouraged to snap pics of folks taking selfies and post them with the hashtag #holidayspam.
"The Garoupe beaches are among the most glamorous and pristine beaches in all of France," a spokesperson for the beach said. "We want people to be able to enjoy our exclusive beach in the moment, not spending the majority of their time bragging to their friends and family back home." Now, if only we could make Instagram, Facebook, and every square inch of Earth a “selfie-free zone” we’d be onto something. #AGirlCanDream.
Source: The Daily Mail
- Rachel Bilson (“The O.C.,” “Hart of Dixie”) – 33
- Sean Connery (James Bond series, “The Untouchables,” “Highlander”) – 84
- Ben Falcone (“Bridesmaids,” “The Heat”) – 41
- Blake Lively (“Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants,” “Gossip Girl”) – 27
- China Ann McClain (Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne,” Disney’s “A.N.T. Farm”) – 16
- Eric Millegan (“Bones”) – 40
- Kel Mitchell (“All That,” “Kenan & Kell”) – 36
- Rachel Shelley (“The L Word”) – 45
- Alexander Skarsgard (“Zoolander,” “True Blood”) (FAST FACTS: He was born in Sweden and has been named Sweden’s Sexiest Man five times.) – 38
- Tom Skerritt (“Top Gun,” “Redemption Road”) – 81
- Jonathan Togo (“CSI: Miami,” “Mystic River”) – 37
- Blair Underwood (“L.A. Law,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) (FAST FACTS: While studying at Harvard for his “L.A. Law” role, he became friends with President Obama.) – 50
- Ally Walker (“Profiler,” “Sons of Anarchy”) – 53
- Def Lepard’s Vivian Campbell – 52
- Elvis Costello – 60
- Billy Ray Cyrus – 53
- Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford – 63
- Amy Macdonald – 27
- Jo Dee Messina – 44
- Blackhawk's Henry Paul – 65
- Gene Simmons – 65
- Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy – 47
- Public Enemy’s DJ Terminator X – 47
- Film director Tim Burton (“Edward Scissorhands,” “Beetlejuice,” “Nightmare Before Christmas”) (FAST FACT: He has been partnered with Helena Bonham Carter since 2001. Bonham Carter lives in one London townhouse, while Burton is next door and in a third interconnected home live the couple's young children and their nanny) – 56
- Game show host Monty Hall (“Let’s Make a Deal”) – 93
- Talk show host Regis Philbin (“Live! With Regis and Kelly,” “Who Wants to be a Millionare?”) – 83
- TV personality and chef Rachael Ray – 46
Video Of The Day:
Fun with fake dinosaurs.