Good Morning! It's Monday.. As if you needed a reminder. Here we go let's start the week off right. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster
Q: According to a new study - THIS is the #1 source of antioxidants in the US
A: COFFEE !
Bonehead Of The Day:
Bonehead Of the day for today comes from Clarksville, Tennessee, where police were called to a church parking lot after Easter Sunday Services on a report of a domestic disturbance. Upon further investigation, the officers learned that a married couple had gotten into an argument over the wife’s driving skills, or lack thereof, while on the way to church. They were apparently still arguing about it when they returned to their car and the husband refused to get in. The wife then attempted to run him over. Perhaps the husband was right, as she missed and hit the curb. She was arrested and charged with aggravated assault.
A failed Florida thief left a Chase Bank in Pompano Beach without any money, but he did manage to leave behind his name during an alleged robbery attempt on April 10.
FBI agents said that Felipe Cruz entered the bank and gave a note to a female teller.
"Give me the 100s 50s 20s now," the note read. "Do not set the alarm. Hurry!!!"
The teller, who was behind bulletproof glass, didn’t hand over any cash and just backed away from the window.
Cruz left the bank, but the note remained behind. According to FBI agent Sarah Gioielli, the note was written on the back of an online job application form that contained Cruz’s username and password.
Police were also able to lift the 39-year-old’s fingerprints from the note and are now trying to bring him in on attempted bank robbery charges.
Walking Gets The Creative Juices Flowing
Next time you’ve hit a wall creatively, try hitting the pavement. New studies show that walking helps to get the creative juices flowing.
Researchers Marily Oppezzo from Santa Clara University and Daniel L. Schwartz from Stanford University recruited 176 college students to test the idea that the best thoughts are formed while taking a walk.
The participants were given tests to measure their creative answers about complex ideas, as well as problem solving. The added twist? While figuring out the problems, some of the students were seated in a room, some sat then walked on a treadmill, and the rest walked outdoors.
And guess what? The walkers had the best ideas!
"Incorporating physical activity into our lives is not only beneficial for our hearts but our brains as well,” says Oppezzo. “This research suggests an easy and productive way to weave it into certain work activities.”
Teens Are Beezin
Have you heard of “beezin?” Your teen probably has. It’s when kids rub Burt's Bees lip balm on their eyelids. Apparently the peppermint oil in the balm causes a burning sensation which some find ‘kind of funny.’ It’s all over the Internet right now.
If you think it’s harmless, think again. In addition to allergic reactions or pink eye-like symptoms, you could also go blind. It’s like this – let’s say a person with a cold sore uses the lip balm. When someone else borrows the lip balm and puts it on their eyelid, the herpes virus – which causes the cold sore – could be transmitted from the lip balm to a person's eye causing blindness.
At this point, Burt's Bees hasn’t responded to the "beezin'" phenomenon. But a spokesman told the New York Daily News, "We recommend that people use our products as directed, and we will make every effort to ensure that the intended use of our lip balm is clearly communicated."
- Jessica Alba ("Dark Angel," “Sin City,” “Fantastic Four”) – 33
- Penelope Cruz (“Vicky Cristina Barcelona,” “Volver”) (FAST FACT: Married Javier Bardem in 2010)– 40
- Jorge Garcia (Hugo on “Lost”) – 41
- Nancy Lee Grahn (“General Hospital,” “Santa Barbara,” “7th Heaven”) – 56
- Samuel Larsen (“Glee’s” Joe Hart) – 23
- Ann Margaret (“Viva Las Vegas,” “Bye Bye Birdie,” “Tommy”) – 73
- Mary McDonnell (“Dances with Wolves,” “Major Crimes”) – 62
- Bridget Moynahan (“I, Robot,” “Coyote Ugly,” “Blue Bloods”) (FAST FACTS: Before there was Gisele, Bridget was Tom Brady’s baby mama. She had discovered she was knocked up AFTER they split) – 44
- Harry Shrum, Jr. (“Step Up 2: The Streets,” “Step Up 3D,” “Glee’s” Mike Chang)– 32
- Marcia Strassman (“Welcome Back, Kotter,” “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”) – 67
- Jenna Ushkowitz (“Glee’s” Tina Cohen-Chang) – 28
- The late Carolyn Jones (Morticia on “The Addams Family”)(1930 – 1983)…she would have been 84
- The late Bruno Kirby (“City Slickers,” “When Harry Met Sally...,” “Good Morning, Vietnam,” “The Godfather Part II,” “Donnie Brasco”) (1949 – 2006)…he would have been 65
- Kim Gordon – 61
- Too Short – 48
- ICP’s Violent J. – 42
- Golfer John Daly – 48
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan – 54
- Author Harper Lee (“To Kill A Mockingbird”) (FAST FACT: A schoolmate and lifelong friend of Truman Capote, she was awarded the 2007 Presidential Medal of Freedom for her “tremendous contribution to American literature and culture.” Interesting because she only ever wrote only one book; however, it is widely considered an American literary masterpiece.) – 88
- TV personality and comedian Jay Leno (FAST FACT: Birth name James Douglas Muir Leno, he also provided the voice of Vorb in the 1993 animated film, “We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story”) – 64
- “Property Brothers” Drew and Jonathan Scott – 35
- The late entrepreneur Ferruccio Lamborghini (FAST FACTS: He started in oil heaters and air conditioning then went on to become the creator of the luxurious Lamborghini sports cars. He had discovered a problem with the clutch on his Ferrari, and he went to complain about it to its designer Enzo, who promptly turned Ferruccio away.) (1916 – 1993)
- The late Iraqi President Saddam Hussein (1937 – 2006)…he would have been 77
- The late President James Monroe (FAST FACT: The fifth president of the United States and the final Founding Father to be elected to the office as well as the third to die on July 4th.) (1758 – 1831)
Video Of The Day:
This video makes me laugh.