Happy Friday! Pumped it's the weekend, i'm ready for a little relaxation.. Tonight no plans, gonna watch a movie from the comfort of my couch.. Saturday think i'll go see Sevendust at the Hard Rock.. Hope you all have a great weekend! Here's what you missed on the show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Q. It would take you almost 12 days and over 275 hours to do this! What?
A. Watch Every Episode of the Simpsons!
Bonehead Of The Day:
Here's a tip: if you're on your way to meet a probation officer, make sure you arrive there legally. 18-year-old Michael Johnson stole an electric shopping cart from his local Albuquerque, New Mexico Walmart and drove it to the courthouse to meet his probation officer. When he arrived, he was arrested on larceny and stolen property charges. Obviously, he also violated his probation. Source: KOAT.com
Dude Naed Stoner Arrested On Marijuana Charges
A Virginia man with the last name Stoner is facing drug charges after police found more than $10,000 worth of marijuana plants at his home.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office says 42-year-old Paul Scott Stoner of Unionville is charged with growing marijuana and having a firearm while in possession of more than a pound of marijuana.
Media outlets report that the charges stem from an ongoing investigation related to the alleged sale of marijuana to children in Orange County. Further charges are pending.
Authorities say they acted on a tip that Stoner was selling to children and during the search last Thursday seized marijuana, marijuana plants, drug paraphernalia, prescription drugs, needles, spoons and guns.
Stoner is free on bond. A hearing is set for Aug. 27.
A 378 Person Pay It Forward!
Finally, Florida gets a good news story! A woman at a St. Petersburg drive-thru Starbucks paid for her own drink and the drink of the person behind her. That simple act of kindness at 7 am sparked a chain that ran an amazing 378 people long.
As each person drove up, barista Vu Nguyen explained their drinks were paid for by the person ahead of them and asked if they would like to return the favor. TampaBay.com is reporting that as person after person did, the barista inside began a tally. By 1:30pm, the number of kind hearts reached 260.
Then, at 6 pm, a woman wanted to pay for her regular coffee, but even after she was told her drink was paid for, she didn't want to pay for the person behind her. Nguyen said it seemed like the woman didn't "understand the concept" of paying it forward. For the record, she was driving a white Jeep Commander.
How To Educate Your Kids About Money!
As the new school season starts, back-to-school shopping can be exciting or torturous, depending on who you are. But it can also be a great learning tool. What better way to teach your kids the power of a dollar than by having them shop for their own supplies?
One suggestion is to sit down and make a specific list of what your kids will need, and then bring them to the mall to shop. But don’t let them go on a spree, give them specific rules on what needs to be purchased and make sure they know that anything not on the list is forbidden. Then, to make them bargain hunters and to motivate them, tell them that any money leftover will be theirs. But most importantly, don’t let them off easy if they spend frivolously. There should be consequences for such things, like maybe making them earn the extra money with chores.
Of course another way of teaching your kids about money is to let them get a part-time job. Not only will they have money in their pocket, but also they’ll get some valuable tax lessons, and learn about basic banking skills. And if they’re too young for a job, you can give them an allowance, but only if they earn it doing chores. It’s guaranteed to make them think twice about wasting their money when they know what it took them to earn it.
Source: CBS News
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (“Oz,” “Lost”) – 47
- Lulu Antariksa (Stevie on Nickelodeon’s “How to Rock”) – 19
- Richard Armitage (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) – 43
- Honor Blackman (Bond girl Pussy Galore in “Goldfinger”) - 89
- Ty Burrell (“Modern Family”) – 47
- Dakota Goyo (“Real Steel,” “Rise of the Guardians”) – 15
- Jenna Leigh Green (Libby Chessler on “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch”) – 37
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda Morgenstern on “Rhoda”) – 75 (FAST FACTS: She competed on “Dancing with the Stars” after being diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2013.)
- Rodrigo Santoro (“Love Actually,” “300”) – 39
- Kristen Wiig (“Saturday Night Live,” “Bridesmaids”) – 41
- Cindy Williams (Shirley Feeny in “Laverne and Shirley”) – 67
- Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley in the “Harry Potter” films) – 55
- Tori Amos – 51
- DeBarge’s James DeBarge – 51
- Former Backstreet Boys member Howie Dorough – 41
- Matchbox 20’s Paul Douchette – 42
- Tears for Fears’ Roland Orzabal – 53
- The Bangles’ Debbi Peterson – 53
- Collin Raye – 54
- Simple Plan’s Jeff Stinco – 36
- The late Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley (1962-2002) … he would have been 47.
- TV producer/writer David Chase (“The Rockford Files, “Northern Exposure,” “The Sopranos”) – 69
- Chef and Food Network show host Giada DeLaurentiis – 44 (FAST FACTS: She was born in Italy and received a bachelor’s degree in anthropology from UCLA.)
- “60 Minutes” correspondent Steve Kroft – 69
- Swimmer Diana Nyad (also the author of “Other Shores”) – 65 (FAST FACTS: She is known for being the first person to swim from Cuba to Florida without a shark cage.)
- The late science fiction author Ray Bradbury (“Fahrenheit 451”) (1920-2012) …he would have been 94.
Video Of The Day:
At this point you've probably seen about a million ALS Ice Bucket Challenges. After you watch this one, however, you can stop with all the rest. ALS, or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, runs in Anthony Carbajal's family and back in January he was diagnosed.
In his ice bucket video, it starts off with a steamy, but hilarious car wash, complete with Carbajal sporting a bikini top. The video takes a serious turn, however, when, through tears, he announces he has been diagnosed with the disease. We then see him caring for his mother who has been stricken with the illness. He goes on to say that while the videos may be annoying, this is the first time ALS has ever been on the forefront. "This is the first successful advocacy we’ve ever had…every single challenge lifts my spirits, lifts every single ALS patient’s spirits…we’re so, so grateful," Carbajal says. Through his donation page, he has raised over $137-thousand for his impending medical bills.
He also promises our Facebook feeds will go back cat videos and "Let it Go" covers. Oh, and for the record, he nominated Ellen DeGeneres, Miley Cyrus, Kristen Wiig, and two others to either get icy or donate. Check out the video below: