Happy Friday!!! So glad the weekend is here! Any big plans? I'm headed to the opening of the hard rock tonight and then back there again on Saturday for the summerland tour. Should be epic. Hope everyone has a great weekend. We will see ya Monday. Here's what you missed on today's show.
The Morning Brain Buster:
Bonehead Of The Day:
A New Mexico man faces charges after authorities say a couple found him naked and sleeping in their bed.
Investigators say 30-year-old Freddy Shelby of Albuquerque was arrested Sunday after the homeowners called police to report their unwanted mystery guest.
According to a criminal complaint, Shelby broke into the couple's home through a window and grabbed a Sprite from the refrigerator before falling asleep in the master bedroom. Authorities say the homeowners found a disrobed Shelby in a deep sleep.
Officers arrived and called to the man, but he slept through it. Authorities say Shelby woke up only after an officer ripped the blankets off him.
Shelby told officers he thought he was at his girlfriend's house.
He was charged with breaking and entering.
Tourists In Italy Charged $56 For 3 Ice Creams & A Water
An American couple in Italy was so shocked at what they were charged for ice cream and water at a restaurant in Rome that they called police.
James and Mariann Luciani went to the Bar il Caffè with a relative for some sweet treats after dinner.
They got three ice creams and a bottle of water to cool off.
After they were finished, they asked for the bill. Their waiter delivered it -- $56.
"We'd just paid 59 euros for our entire dinner, including a liter of wine, and then were charged 42 euros for gelato!" James told The Local. "We've been careful in watching out for pickpockets in Rome, but I never thought I would get scammed here."
The server informed the couple that they had actually gotten a break because the normal $3.35 per-person cover charge had been waived.
The Lucianis paid the bill, but returned the following day with police to investigate the legality of the charges. Police found that the prices were clearly written down on the menu and ruled that nothing illegal had occurred.
You Can Pay To Visit War Torn Ukraine
Have you seen and done it all? Looking for a unique vacation? Apparently Ukraine is the place to go. DailyMail is reporting companies are popping up offering tours of the battle zone...and all for a price.
50 euro, or about $70, a tourist can get a tour of a war zone, with a flak jacket included. Cough up 400 euro, or 535 bucks and you'll get a tour of an active site. All tours, which last about two hours, are done in an armored vehicle, so don't worry about that. "Impress your friends with the ultimate selfies," an advertisement reads, encouraging those who don't take the live action route to get outside and take pictures.
Horrified? You're not alone. The site reports that while there are some who are posting pictures of destroyed buildings and rubble, others have branded the tour "sick" and those who fork over the cash for the experience as "weird."
- Tempest Bledsoe (Vanessa Huxtable on “The Cosby Show”) – 41
- Max Carver (“Desperate Housewives,” “Teen Wolf”) – 26
- Elijah Kelley (“Hairspray” 2007, “Take the Lead”) – 28
- Jason Momoa (“Game of Thrones,” “Stargate: Atlantis”) – 35
- Valery Ortiz (“South of Nowhere”) – 30
- Chris Williams (“CSI,” “Weeds”) (FAST FACTS: His older sister is actress Vanessa Williams.) – 37
- The late Dom Deluise (“All Dogs Go to Heaven,” “The Glass Bottom Boat”) (1933-2009) … he would have been 80.
- O-Town’s Ashley Parker Angel – 33
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive’s Tim Bachman – 63
- Bad Company’s Baz Burrell – 68
- Coolio – 51
- Robert Cray – 61
- Chuck D – 54
- Disturbed’s Dan Donegan – 46
- Counting Crows’ Adam Duritz – 50
- Def Leppard’s Joe Elliot – 55
- Tyler Farr – 30
- L7’z Suzi Gardner – 54
- Michael Penn – 56
- The late guitarist Tommy Bolin (1951-1976) … he would have been 63.
- The late Jerry Garcia (1942-1995) … he would have been 72.
- Film director Sam Mendes (“American Beauty,” “Skyfall,” Oliver!” “Gypsy”) – 49 (FAST FACTS: He was married to Kate Winslet in 2003 but the couple divorced in 2010. He later married Kate Beckinsale – to whom he’s still hitched. He was also named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2000.)
- The late writer and punk musician Jim Carroll (“The Basketball Diaries”) (1949 – 2009) …he would have been 65.
- The late explorer William Clark, who explored the American Northwest with Meriwether Lewis (1770-1838)
- The late composer Francis Scott Key (who wrote the lyrics to “The Star-Spangled Banner”) (1779-1843)
- The late author Herman Melville (“Moby-Dick,” “Bartleby, the Scrivener”) (1819-1891)
- The late fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent (1936-2008) … he would have been 78.
Video Of The Day:
SpongeBob SquarePants, the world’s favourite sea-dwelling invertebrate, comes ashore to our world for his most super-heroic adventure yet.