Delilah and the kids at home love, love, love to make brownies. And eat them. Copious amounts of them. While left to their own devices, these chocolaty pillows of pleasure would come from a box, but Delilah often intrudes and encourages them "scratch it."
Here's what they came up with the other night. They dubbed them Broadway Brownies, after Delilah was talking about her experience recently in New York City as she hosted Broadway in Bryant Park! After enjoying more than just few .... we have all decided these brownies are Award Winning!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.